Friday, May 26, 2006

Senior year comes to a close

Today was my last full day of high school. I still have to take finals on Tuesday and Wednesday, but I only have to go in for half a day. It's pretty surreal, especially since all of the underclassmen are still in school. It was very bittersweet at school today; while we were all so excited to leave, it was still sad that we are in our last days of high school. At least that's how I felt about it.

The seniors were planning to walk out of class 15 minutes before the bell and parade around the halls shouting and cheering. Instead, the principal gave us all a nice little surprise by coming on the intercom 35 minutes before the bell and dismissing all of the seniors. Since I don't have a car or license, I still would have had to wait the half hour until school was officially was out so I could ride the bus home. I definitely wasn't going to do that, so I went and found my friends Amanda, Simon and Cassie, figuring we could hang out or something. We planned on going to Dunkin' Donuts to get strawberry Coolattas, so we all went to the parking lot. Amanda and I got into Cassie's car and waited for her to say goodbye to Simon since he had to go to work. 25 minutes later we were still waiting them to finish doing the things that couples do that should really not be seen by anyone else. At this point Amanda and I were getting anxious, so Amanda, who also only has her driver's permit, hopped into the drivers seat and drove Cassie's car in a big circle in the parking lot, hoping that she would realize that we were ready to leave. While she did realize this, she wasn't ready to leave herself. So, we got into Simon's car and drove to Dunkin' Donuts ourselves. This is probably the most illegal thing I've ever done, since neither Amanda nor I have our licenses and because I'm still considered a minor since I'm not 18 yet. This just made it more fun, especially since I was blaring Nine Inch Nails and freaking out all of the old people downtown by singing "I wanna fuck you like an animal" at the top of my lungs. When we got back, Cassie was finally ready to leave so she drove Amanda and I back to my house.

I had to mail a package of two CDs that I recently sold on eBay so Amanda and I walked down to the Post Office. While we were walking there, some guy in a truck whistled at me and then turned around to look at me while he passed. That was pretty cool, but I think it was only because I happened to be wearing a short skirt. Anyway, I mailed the package and then I bought a few things at the bead store so I can make a necklace this weekend when I'm bored. After Amanda's dad picked her up at 5 when we got back to my house, I fell asleep on the couch until 9 because I've only gotten a total of 17 hours of sleep since Monday night.

Tomorrow morning at around 7 my dad and I are leaving for our summer house in Maine. I will be there for the whole weekend. I'm working at the gift shop tomorrow at 3 in the afternoon, which I'm actually really excited about because I like working there and it kind of signifies the beginning of summer. Plus there are a bunch of cute guys that work at the restaurant and surf shop next door, so that's always a plus.

Anyway, I have to go finish packing for the weekend. I will blog again within a few days of returning home, probably. Adios!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home