Friday, May 05, 2006

Quick update before class trip

Because I haven't updated in one week and because I won't be updating again for at least the next three days, I figured I might as well write a quick, short post to update those of you that actually take the time to read this. I’m at school right now, and so far this week this is really the only time I’ve had available to blog. I have been incredibly busy, what with all of the papers due this week. I take two college courses through my high school, so I had finals this week and a paper in each class – one of which had to be 10-15 pages long (though mine barely broke 9). In addition I had a paper due in my World Literature course, and a rough draft for my paper in my Senior Project. For a short description, in Senior Project you get an internship in the area which you go to for one class period two days a week. At the end of the semester you are required to write a lengthy paper and perform a huge presentation in front of a panel of important faculty members.

Normally I would just blog this weekend, but I won’t have access to a computer. At noon today I am leaving for my class trip to Waterville, Maine (basically in the middle of nowhere) for white water rafting. Not your typical class trip. I’m not really excited for the white water rafting part (in fact, a few years ago I vowed never to go white water rafting after I heard several horror stories), but what I am excited for is hanging out with my friends (don’t worry, I will spare you the whole cliché of how this is one of our last times together to hang out as a group, and I love them all so very much, blah, blah, blah… you’ve heard it all before). It takes about five hours to get there, so from noon to 5 my classmates and myself will all be packed on a charter bus. This should be interesting. I brought my old school GameBoy Color so I can reconnect with my childhood and play Zelda: Link’s Awakening (good stuff, really) white attempting to drown out the sounds of the annoying, giggling girls behind me with Robert Plant moaning into my ears from my headphones. Yeah, I’ve been on plenty of these class field trips to know what to expect.

Anyway, the bell is just about to ring so I will sign off. I expect to have a lot more time to blog next week so I will certainly update everyone probably not after I get home on Sunday because I will be so tired but more likely on Monday after school. Ciao!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home