Sunday, April 09, 2006

This is as interesting as my Saturdays get

Yesterday was a rather eventful day. My mom and I went prom dress shopping again to look for a new dress to replace the other one that I got a while ago that I no longer like. We went to a mall that I had never been to before, rather far away from us, in order to go to a specific store: DEB. I had gone to the DEB website before and found quite a few dresses that I really liked, so I figured I might as well go to the store and see what they had. I did go to that store in the mall, but it was pretty picked over so the only good dresses they had were in plus sizes. I ended up buying a dress at Charlotte Russe, pictured at left.

This dress is pretty much what I've been looking for. It's unique, it only goes a small bit past my knees, and it isn't too formal. Unfortunately I'm not sure if it isn't formal enough; I'm worried that I'm going to be underdressed. I'm going to try to dress it up with lots of gold jewelry and really elaborate, sparkly shoes, so we'll see. Another problem is the color isn't so great with my skin tone because it makes me look somewhat pasty (even more than I already am). Plus, the way it falls in the front, it kind of makes me look like I have a gut (and that's not just me being vain, it was my mom who pointed it out). I do like it, though, and I know no one else is going to have the same dress as me.

After shopping for a while, my mom and I met with my mom's close friend, April, and went out to dinner to some restaurant whose name I can't recall. After dinner we went to see the movie Thank You for Smoking. I had heard a lot of good things about this movie and had high expectations for it, which it didn't really live up to. It was good, though - funny, smart, and clever - but it wasn't really my kind of movie. There were many jokes in the movie that I found funny, but not funny enough to laugh out loud at. At least, that's my opinion. There were plenty of other people in the theater that felt differently. Although I didn't find the movie excellent, I would still recommend it.

At the start of the movie my mom whispered to me that Aaron Eckhart, the leading actor of the movie, also played Erin Brockovich's boyfriend, George. At first I couldn't see the similarities, solely because in Erin Brockovich he has a beard and a ponytail, but after a few minutes I clearly recognized him from his eyes and his dimpled chin. It's interesting to see an actor go from a rough, scruffy, and generally unkempt character to a clean-cut and conservative-looking character. I would never have known the characters were portrayed by the same actor if my mom had never told me because they are nearly polar opposites. See the visual comparison below:


At first glance they look like two completely different people. If you look closer, however, they start to look very similar. In these pictures (they were the most similar pictures I could find) I think it's the nose that gives it away.

I'm not sure why I carried on about Aaron Eckhart so much, but I think you all are used to my mundane blogs by now so I'll refrain from apologizing. Anyway, it's time for me to watch Desperate Housewives, take a shower, and do some last-minute homework (I don't think any homework isn't last-minute for me). Adios!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice dress.. :)

4:26 PM  
Blogger Lindsey said...

I love the dress. I think it will be dressy enough once you accessorize like you said. It's so cute!! And I'm sure you don't look like you have a gut--i don't believe it! :-)

10:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home