Thursday, April 06, 2006

This is why you shouldn't speed

Well, my hearing didn't go as well as I had hoped today. I went in about ten minutes early and waited for probably fifteen minutes. The actual hearing itself took only a few minutes, and it was in a small room at an oval table with a magistrate and not a judge as I had originally expected. The cop that gave me the ticket was not there, but another cop came in his place and read a statement that summarized what happened when he pulled me over. When it was my turn to speak in my defense, I said pretty much exactly what I had written in my last blog. The magistrate said that she would lower the fine to $100, and then asked if I would like to appeal and go for a second hearing in front of a judge. So, this is what it came down to:

Option 1: Pay the reduced $100 fine, while still having to wait until May to get my license.
Option 2: Wait until June 15 for a second hearing where it would be possible to not have to pay any fine at all, while still having to wait until May to get my license.

Either way I'll have to wait until May to get my license, but at least if I have a second hearing there's the possibility that I will not have to pay the fine. So, that was the unfortunate outcome of my hearing. I'm going to have to go back to court - and this time in front of a judge, not just a magistrate - in two months. This is turning into a long, annoying ordeal.

I've decided that I hate my prom dress. I tried it on again a week or so ago, and it looks awful on me. It just fits me terribly. Even if I get it altered, which I will have to do, it still won't look right. It just hangs there like a limp piece of fabric. I mean, it looks great on the hanger - it's really pretty and all - but on me it looks gross. I'm dying to return the stupid thing and find a new, better one. I'm going to try to get my mom to take me this Saturday to look for dresses again, but I'm not sure if it's going to happen. She says she doesn't know if she's going to feel like it or if she's going to have something to do. It doesn't sound too promising.

Well, that's it for today. Adios.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lindsey said...

Hey there! I was reading your profile and you sound awesome. I was looking at your college acceptances...WAY TO GO! Did you make your decision yet? Maybe you did and I missed something? Anyway, you are awesome!

7:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home