Thursday, March 23, 2006

The Sounds are cool and sleep is, too

The SoundsThe Sounds
with Morningwood and Action Action
Boston, MA: April 14, 2006

Remember the other day when I wrote about how I was pissed that The Sounds were coming to Boston with Morningwood, but I couldn't go because it was an 18+ show? Well, after I wrote that blog I got a strange desire to check the Ticketmaster page again. Well whaddayaknow, "ALL AGES" was written at the very top of the page. Go figure. Anyway, upon seeing this I basically started freaking out. I knew I absolutely had to go to this show. Several different plans were made, changed, and scrapped revolving around this show, until I finally worked it out and bought them yesterday. I am so excited. This is something that I've been wanting to do for a while - go to a show in Boston. April 14th needs to hurry up and get here.

I have a valid excuse for not blogging so far this week: track. Yep, it started this week... for real this time, not the optional captain's practices that were held last week (the ones that I only went to one of). It seems I have already started a routine: after two hours of practice I'll return home a little before 5, go on the computer for an hour or so, eat dinner, watch tv, fall asleep on the couch, etc. I have been extremely exhausted this week, especially today. I've been trying really hard to go to bed early (as in 11-11:30) but for some reason I just haven't been able to do it. This week has been kind of busy schoolwork-wise, but I still shouldn't be going to sleep as late as I do (which is usually somewhere between 12 and 1). I really need to get into the habit of going to sleep earlier. Last week I did, and I was amazed at how much better I felt during the day. It's crazy what a good night's sleep can do to you. After being so used to being so exhausted during the day, it felt incredible last week to not be tired, and all I needed for that was an hour or two more sleep than usual. Unfortunately since I haven't been getting much sleep this week I've once again forgotten what it's like to not have lead eyelids and to not yawn every three minutes. Starting next week I'm really going to make an effort to change my sleeping habits because it makes a huge difference and it's definitely worth it.

I've been thinking of this prom dress thing a lot. I haven't gotten the chance to try mine on again yet (the only opportunity I've had is after track practice, and there's no way I'm getting in my dress when I'm all sweaty), but I have been looking at it every day. I still can't decide if I like it. I've looked through some of my magazines that feature prom dress sections and I've decided that I'm really into Greek-looking dresses. Elegant dresses in colors like ivory and seafoam, sometimes with jeweled embellishments or golden trim, are really standing out to me. Hopefully I will get the chance to go to the mall again sometime soon just in case I find any dresses like that that I want instead of the one I have now. I did see several Greek-like dresses in Lord & Taylor but most of them were either too embellished or didn't fit me correctly. I love this dress (it isn't very Greek-looking, though), but unfortunately there aren't any Rampage stores anywhere near me. Poo.

Oh my. Gee, Mr. President, is there anything you will do?

Hmmm... and people wonder why I so adamantly support gun control laws...

Well, I'm really tired and I still have a bunch of stuff to do (homework, shower, etc.). I'm not sure if I'm going to track tomorrow... I've been planning on skipping tomorrow's practice because I'm really tired and I need a day off (the first week of track and I already need a day off... kind of pathetic), but I actually kind of want to go. I'm not sure. But as I was saying, this is all I have time for today. Adios.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yo, i'll make you a dress if you want. you can design it and make it all greek and pretty, and i'll sew it when i do mine. mwahahaha. i'm so crafty!

10:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home