Wednesday, February 22, 2006

My not-so-fabulous return

So I guess this is my return to the blogging world. I can't say exactly what has sparked it... though I'm sure it has a lot to do with my latest obsession with Pink is the new Blog (though I won't be blogging about celebrity gossip). I've lost track of how many times I've created new blogs, only to abandon them again... and I'm sure that this blog won't be an exception. It's just a matter of time until I grow bored of blogging and decide to leave this blog floating along aimlessly through cyberspace until it's deleted by The Powers That Be. I do have to laugh at the absurdity of this new blog, especially the name. Pineapple? Come on. What was I thinking? Clearly this blog is destined to fail. I'll give it a month, tops.

I'm not exactly sure what I'll be blogging about here. I suppose whatever crosses my mind while I'm bored and in a blogging mood. I can ensure you (wait... who exactly is "you," anyway? It's not like anyone will be reading this, at least on a regular basis) that each post will be utterly and completely random.

Last night I rediscovered the radio. I also remembered why I stopped listening to the radio in the first place: my taste in music is so wide yet so picky that I can never find a single radio station that I like, plus half of the music that I enjoy isn't even played on the radio. Anyhow, last night I remembered that I have a stereo in my room (even though I see it several times a day each day of my life). I turned it on and I was amazed by the beauteous noise it emitted, since the surround sound of the stereo is much more attractive than the boring concentrated sound from my computer (which I have been using for who knows how long, ever since I abandoned my stereo). I browsed through all of the radio stations and set nine that sounded somewhat appealing to my presets. After an hour or so of switching back and forth between all nine of my presets, I remembered why I stopped listening to the radio in the first place. It's really frustrating to go through all of your presets, listen to half of a good song, scroll through them again once it's done, listen to the last ten seconds of a good song, and so on and so forth. This is my radio experience. I did hear a few Led Zeppelin songs, which was fun, and I admit to dancing around my room to a few other good songs, but that's about it. The problem with the radio is that they don't play any good indie music, which is what I've been really into lately. The only kind of rock music they have is classic rock (which is good but annoying after a while) and hard rock (which is never good). I seldom hear a good song that is in neither one of those categories... for example, I heard The Strokes' "Last Night" and a few good Weezer songs. That was nice. But overall, the radio sucks, mainly because it is ruled by corporate America; namely rich CEOs that only care about making money off of brainless teens and tweens with awful taste in "music".

Anyway, to avoid launching into a rant that will get me nowhere, I should change subjects now. Simmons is cute. They called me today. Well, it was a sophomore asking if I had any questions. Since I only had 2.5 seconds (the longest time one can say "umm" without sounding like a complete airhead) to think up a decent question, I asked her about the freshman dorms... which is actually something I've been wondering about for a while. Of course, after I hung up I thought of a bunch more questions I could ask... i.e. the quality of the cafeteria food, popular classes, etc. Most importantly, I should have asked about the honors program. I have thought about applying, but I'm not sure if I'd want to do it. I think tomorrow I'm going to call and ask to speak to a student about it.

By the way, I am completely obsessed with my Simmons sweatshirt. I have worn it every single day since Saturday, and I plan on keeping it un-washed for as long as I possibly can... as gross as that sounds.

Anyway, that's all I have to say for now. I will probably blog again tomorrow (because I usually blog a whole lot the first week of having a new blog, and then after that I gradually forget about it). So, yes, see you (who?) then.

2 Comments:

Blogger Pascual said...

Welcome Back! I hope you stay for a long while.

I stayed in the U.S. for about two months (i'm chilean) and i realized that american radio really sucks. I hate Clearchannel, and i hope they never expand to my country.

But, technology is always on our side. There's a lot of great internet radio stations you can listen in your house or when you are at work. If you have iTunes installed on your computer, just enjoy. Or you can check foreign radio, like BBC radio or Virgin radio from the U.K. Like my grandma use to say: "Search, and you'll find"

So, just like Robbie Williams said, 2Listen to the radio, you will hear the songs you know"

Pascual
Santiago, Chile

10:56 PM  
Blogger Pascual said...

I've put on my blog a link to its english version, so it will be easier for you to read it. The translation was made by Google, so it isn't as good as i wish.

Hope you read it and have fun.

7:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home